Proposals are invited for papers/posters, workshops, roundtable discussions, applied and artistic contributions, relating, but not limited to the conference’s main topics on sound, media and the environment.
DEADLINE: March 30, 2021
From the Global Composition:
“You are invited to submit your scholarly, scientific and/or artistic proposals on sound related topics and issues.
Deadline for submission: March 30, 2012
Notification: April 20, 2012
Papers ready and submitted by: June 26, 2012
All submissions will be anonymously reviewed by the conference’s committees.
Proposals are invited for papers/posters, workshops, roundtable discussions, applied and artistic contributions, relating, but not limited to the conference’s main topics. (Please, load down the appropriate form from this page and fill it out.)
Suggested topics are:
- the idea of a collaborative and sustainable macro-soundscape or global composition
- sound design/soundscape design/soundscape creation
- influencing environmental sound – environmental sounds’ influences
- methods of perceiving/analyzing/creating/reconstructing soundscapes
- the role of technology and media in enhancing/obstructing sound(scape) awareness and critical listening
- (media) ecological approaches as the basis for listening cultures
- pedagogical aspects of listening
- media aesthetic/media cultural education
- recent research on environmental sound, acoustic ecology and related issues
We are also interested in intermedia and transdisciplinary approaches, which a strong focus on sound.
Please, send your abstracts for papers/posters, workshops, roundtable discussions etc. & proposals for compositions or other artistic contributions until March 30, 2012.
For the conference proceedings the finalized papers should be submitted by June 26, 2012…”
READ FULL ANNOUNCEMENT [web]